With about 2.3 million implant-supported dental crowns installed each year in the US, which means that there are multiple patients seeing dental practitioners to protect their pearly whites. While crowns are protecting pearly whites, who is protecting the crowns? You are! Follow this list of tips we’ve gathered to maintain your oral crowns for a long time:
– If you experience any substantial sensitivity because of hot or cold foods more than ten days after your dental crown is fitted, give us a call immediately.
– Give us a call if you detect any uneasiness when biting down onto your dental crown, and we will evaluate your crown and see if it needs fixed.
– Even with dental crowns, you will still need to keep up a daily dental care regimen. This includes brushing twice, flossing once a day, and regularly rinsing with mouthwash.
– Since some foods can split or chip your dental crowns, try and avoid hard or tough foods.
– Closely observe wobbly or rancid crowns. This could possibly be a signal of the crown’s glue disintegrating.
– Bring your crown to us if it falls out of place; do not try to reinstall it on your own! This could potentially be harmful, and the crown could fall out again and even choke you.
Affordable Dentistry and Orthodontics strives to ensure your crowns are securely in place, but if yours just so happens to need treatment, feel free to contact Dr. Duane Taylor and our team here in Dallas, Texas, by calling 214-330-7771. Our team will be happy to help in any way we can and give you your best smile today!