Did you know, chewing sugarless gum can help strengthen your tooth enamel? Yes, it’s true! Most sugarless gum contains a sweetener called xylitol, which reduces the acids left behind on your teeth. Furthermore, chewing sugarless gum can also help reduce tooth sensitivity caused teeth whitening treatments.
Our dentist, Dr. Duane Taylor, always encourages you to do the best you can with your oral health. Brushing and flossing regularly is essential, but by adding sugar-free gum to your daily life, you could be helping in many ways.
That is why our team at Affordable Dentistry and Orthodontics in Dallas, Texas, is thrilled to share this information with you:
– Always remember that sugarless gum is not a substitute for brushing or flossing your teeth. It is most effective between meals to help keep your bacteria away from your mouth.
– Chewing sugar-free gum increases saliva production, which neutralizes acids produced by bacteria in your mouth naturally and safely.
– Heartburn can also be assisted because it can help reduce the acids causing your heartburn blues.
– Sugar-free gum has been proven to prevent cavities when you chew it for at least twenty minutes after your meals.
– It is vital to remember to avoid sugars in gum because the sugar is detrimental to your tooth enamel. That is why these benefits work with sugar-free gum.
The next time you look for gum, try choosing a sugarless gum, so you can help your teeth stay healthy between brushing times. If you have questions about your oral health, or if you would like to set up an appointment, please call us today at 214-330-7771. A member of our team is always happy to assist you.